Business Development Director
- - Business Development
- CA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
AIT Bioscience (AITB) is a leading bioanalytical services contract research organization (CRO), serving the pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health industries. LC-MS/MS and multiple large molecule platforms combine to provide regulatory compliant bioassay support of the development of new medicines from Discovery to Pre-Clinical and Clinical through Commercialization.
AITB is the first and only CRO in the world to provide solutions for all molecule types (large, small, and peptides/biomarkers) in a purpose-built facility utilizing a fully electronic analytical lab notebook system. With our customized, real-time QC system, quality has literally been built into everything we do and everywhere we do it. Bioanalytical capabilities and expertise support both stand-alone projects and full IND/NDA enabling programs, allowing AITB to support its clients with a hands-on approach, scientific collaboration, high quality, and on-time delivery.
To support our continued growth, AITB is seeking a career-minded Business Development Directors in various US locations. The Business Development Director is responsible for sales of AITB services. This position is highly visible in the marketplace and requires a high degree of skill, knowledge, and professionalism to both existing and future clients.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Executes region/territory management initiatives to meet/exceed sales goals and to develop strong long-term customer relationships.
- Develops new leads and maintains existing customer accounts using ethical sales methods and relationship building to optimize AIT Bioscience's service quality, business growth, and customer loyalty.
- Employs strong prospecting and cold-calling skills and networks in assigned territory to establish themselves as a valued resource to existing and potential customers.
- Plans and organizes personal sales activities within assigned territory to achieve company-established sales goals.
- Maintains and operates CRM software (Salesforce) to capture all field and home office transactions related to all customer contacts and activities.
- Works with management to complete periodic sales reports and show performance against established goals and incentives.
- Provides training, demonstrations, and other client maintenance activities to new and established sponsors.
- Attends approved local and national marketing conferences/expositions, customer meetings, and other functions that support marketing and business development goals.
- Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of GLP regulated bioanalytical services for both small and large molecule applications.
- Communicates with laboratory staff to ensure effective and efficient flow of sponsor requirements regarding studies or programs.
- Obtains sufficient technical knowledge to accurately represent internal operations to sponsors.
- Drafts and follows through until project related documents are executed. This includes CDAs, MSAs, project quotes, contracts, and invoices.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5+ years in a business development role, preferably in a bioanalytical services company, backed with a science degree (BS or MS) and laboratory experience. Large molecule experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to prospect and build relationships in the region and proven ability to build customer base.
- A track record of meeting and exceeding established sales related goals.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills, used internally and externally.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use a CRM database.
- Knowledge of preclinical and clinical drug development; preclinical and clinical study designs and procedures, as well as, current FDA requirements and guidance on bioanalytical method development and sample analysis.
- Ability to travel regularly within region and occasionally to HQ in Indianapolis and to industry conferences and meetings.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page