Business Development Director - Northeast/Eastern USA
- - Business Development
- MA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
AIT Bioscience (AITB) is a leading bioanalytical services contract research organization (CRO), serving the pharmaceutical, biotech, and animal health industries. LC-MS/MS and multiple large molecule platforms combine to provide regulatory compliant bioassay support of the development of new medicines from Discovery to Pre-Clinical and Clinical through Commercialization.
AITB is the first and only CRO in the world to provide solutions for all molecule types (large, small, and peptides/biomarkers) in a purpose-built facility utilizing a fully electronic analytical lab notebook system. With our customized, real-time QC system, quality has literally been built into everything we do and everywhere we do it. Bioanalytical capabilities and expertise support both stand-alone projects and full IND/NDA enabling programs, allowing AITB to support its clients with a hands-on approach, scientific collaboration, high quality, and on-time delivery.
To support our continued growth, AITB is seeking a career-minded Business Development Director in the east or northeastern US. The Business Development Director is responsible for sales of AITB services. This position is highly visible in the marketplace and requires a high degree of skill, knowledge, and professionalism to both existing and future clients.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Executes region/territory management initiatives to meet/exceed sales goals and to develop strong long-term customer relationships.
- Develops new leads and maintains existing customer accounts using ethical sales methods and relationship building to optimize AIT Bioscience's service quality, business growth, and customer loyalty.
- Employs strong prospecting and cold-calling skills and networks in assigned territory to establish themselves as a valued resource to existing and potential customers.
- Plans and organizes personal sales activities within assigned territory to achieve company-established sales goals.
- Maintains and operates CRM software (Salesforce) to capture all field and home office transactions related to all customer contacts and activities.
- Works with management to complete periodic sales reports and show performance against established goals and incentives.
- Provides training, demonstrations, and other client maintenance activities to new and established sponsors.
- Attends approved local and national marketing conferences/expositions, customer meetings, and other functions that support marketing and business development goals.
- Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of GLP regulated bioanalytical services for both small and large molecule applications.
- Communicates with laboratory staff to ensure effective and efficient flow of sponsor requirements regarding studies or programs.
- Obtains sufficient technical knowledge to accurately represent internal operations to sponsors.
- Drafts and follows through until project related documents are executed. This includes CDAs, MSAs, project quotes, contracts, and invoices.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5+ years in a business development role, preferably in a bioanalytical services company, backed with a science degree (BS or MS) and laboratory experience. Large molecule experience is preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to prospect and build relationships in the region and proven ability to build customer base.
- A track record of meeting and exceeding established sales related goals.
- Excellent communication and follow up skills, used internally and externally.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use a CRM database.
- Knowledge of preclinical and clinical drug development; preclinical and clinical study designs and procedures, as well as, current FDA requirements and guidance on bioanalytical method development and sample analysis.
- Ability to travel regularly within region and occasionally to HQ in Indianapolis and to industry conferences and meetings.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page